Sunday, May 22, 2005

I get a Tip o' the Pin!

Make sure to check out the "Zippy the Pinhead" comic strip next Sunday, May 29th. My photographs of a giant Canadian roadside Coke and hotdog vendor are featured, along with someone else's photo of a pensive Einstein who looks like he is reclining poolside. In color, and Bill Griffith even spelled my name right, ferchrissake! As you would expect, the hotdog man is actually channeling Kierkegaard.

Note the tiny writing along the right edge of the second panel. I never realized my 15 minutes of fame were going to come in 2-second intervals.




P.S. If anyone wants to buy me the $155 hand-colored signed print of this strip, just click on the strip above. I won't stand in your way!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did all this come about, pray tell? And just to let you know, I just wrote about "My 15 Minutes," not having seen yours before. So please don't come after me for plagiarism.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Alec Wysoker said...

If you mail photos of roadside statuary to Bill Griffith, and they haven't already been in one of his comic strips (which is a challenge), he will probably include them in a strip. He also does lots of strips on kitchy businesses. Get your camera out and do your part!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Saints and Spinners said...

Believe me, Zippy, your life would not be simpler if you were Amish:

http://worldfilm.about.com/cs/films/fr/devilplayground.htm

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home